Wednesday, October 5, 2011

So. Much. APPLE!

For starters,
HAPPY MOUNTAIN DAY GUYS! I don't know about the rest of the Roundtable, but I was beginning to have doubts about whether or not Mountain Day was going to happen at all. That's one thing I can now take off of my obsessive worry list. It came!

Ahem*


So, in light of a day that is practially devoted to apples and hording them by the bushel, I want to direct all of you to this pdf link for a complete and compiled list of apple brands and types.

In this guide, you shall find out that.............................apples differ.



Sour does not = tart.
Sweet does not = juicy (except sometimes it does, you'll notice)
Medium sweet is > Sweet
Watery = (sometimes good for applesauce but NEVER pie!)



So make sure to look though the columns on the pdf for the boxes marked "Good", "Very good", "Best", "Watery", and "X" to figure out which apples are useful for which apple treat, and which ones they are clearly not ment for.



If you're really hard core about the apples you collect (or you're just some apple nut, really) then feel free to also check out the Apple Guide at the end of the list. There you can compare your apples to local store brands and distinguish them based off of texture, smell, taste, coloration, etc.




Have a lovely day Smithies!

Note: Because my Blogger account is acting funny, I cannot upload any pictures this week. I'm sincerely sorry. :(

1 comment:

  1. Shoot! Your .pdf never got appended, and I'm deep in applemania at my house. We have in the fridge right now Spencers, Empires, Gingergolds, and Macouns, and that's NOT ENOUGH. I'm feeling itchy to go picking this weekend!

    ReplyDelete