Sunday, October 9, 2011

GOAT CHEESE

As much as I love a home made meal, nothing can beat goat cheese and crackers. Last night I went to my friend's house for dinner and had the first home cooked meal since the end of the summer. It was amazing vegetarian chile with a great spice in it. However before the main food came out there was tons of cheeseand crackers laid out on the table for us to eat. I went right for the goat cheese. Although most people I know don't like goat cheese or wont even try it because of the name, I could eat goatcheese for any meal. I love it plain with crackers and of course can eat it in a salad but my favorite is goat cheese and fig. Only one place back in Ann Arbor sells the original fig that I like but every time I come home my mom knows that is my request for dinner. A lot of restaurants dont have goat cheese anywhere on the menu but on the occasion that I find a restaurant that does have it there is no second guessing. I will always get the meal with goat cheese. besides goat cheese and fig my favorite surprise in a restaurant is goat
cheese on a panini. That bite with melted goat cheese, roasted red peppers, and caramelized onions can not get any better. Any dinner with goat cheese is the best one of the month!

1 comment:

  1. Whole foods sells a fig jam in the cheese section that is phenomenally good with goat cheese. Or with cheddar. Either. Or both. Alternate.

    ReplyDelete