Monday, November 7, 2011

The Best Dorm Room Snacks:

Eating healthily in college is a notorious struggle, especially for those who love snacking as I do. I’m not ashamed to say that last year I was a frequent customer of both dominos and teapot, but I chose to change my behavior this year when I realized how much money I had wasted on crab rangoon and pizza. I also realized how unhealthy this midnight meal because it’s completely unnecessary to eat a fourth meal before bed. This year I have considerably cut back on ordering in, and instead, I have compiled a snack shelf to curb cravings. Here is a list of healthy snacks that I hope you all enjoy as much as ordering in.

The staples for my dormroom are:
-Peanut butter
-Bread or crackers
-Granola bars
-Fresh fruit – the best are clementines because they are small, and come in a crate


For a treat, I sometimes have one or two of the following items:
-Yogurt covered pretzels
-Chocolate Covered ginger (from Trader Joe's -- so good)
-Almonds/or another type of nuts
-Miso soup bowls

No comments:

Post a Comment