Monday, November 14, 2011

A few weeks ago, I took my first trip of the year to Northampton’s Green Bean. It has been a favorite since my first year in school, but I only let myself indulge in a big, expensive brunch on special occasions. Those of you who have been there can attest to the cozy interior, the ever pleasant and helpful wait staff, and the delicious and filling brunch menu. The place is beautifully decorated as well. All of these factors contribute to a fantastic experience, but what really sets the Green Bean apart from other brunch places in Northampton is the coffee.

When you first enter the Green Bean, you almost always have to wait for a table, but you are welcome to walk up to the coffee counter and pour yourself a cup to sip while you wait. The eclectic coffee bar features a brass, tree shaped stand on which a variety of old mugs hang. Pick your favorite mug and chose between either regular or decaf coffee, which sit in simple coffee urns on the counter.

Also, feel free to head back and get more during your meal! The first time I drank coffee at the Green Bean, I had no expectations, but I was so surprised at how rich and flavorful the coffee was. Who would have thought that such quality could be stored in the same coffee urns one usually finds in college cafeterias? I’m such a fan; it’s that cup of coffee that really makes your trip to the Green Bean worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment