Monday, November 7, 2011

Favorite School Breakfast

I live in one of the houses with a dining hall just a few flights of stairs away from my dorm. It feels like home, as I can run downstairs in my pajamas and slippers, and grab coffee to drink as I get ready for class. What makes it even more home-y is the fact that we have home-made granola.

"Jim's Famous, Home-Made Granola", as the large container is labeled in permanent marker, is made by one of the chefs in the Cushing/Emerson dining hall. Its ingredients are simple: Toasted walnuts and pecans, granola, and occasionally some flax seeds. But somewhere along the line Jim adds something that makes it amazing. I usually avoid pecans, but in this case I tend to pick them out of the mix and eat them alone.

I have the granola more often than not, but I try not to eat it so much so that I get sick of it. I think I'm going to have to thank Jim personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment