Sunday, December 4, 2011

pumkin seeds roast-off!

Cleaning out pumpkin seeds
My friend introduced me to this delicious, healthy snack right when we got back from Thanksgiving break. She had a pumpkin in her room that she had left after pumpkin carving, and told me she's going to roaste her pumpkin seeds --so I followed her. I've never had roasted pumpkin seeds in my life.It was so easy to make and I thought it would be great to share it with you guys!
Here are the instructions she used!
1. Rinse the pumpkin flesh off the outside of the seeds using water and your hands.

2. Soak the pumpkin seeds in salt water (brine) for about half an hour.

3. Drain the brine from the pumpkin seeds using a strainer.

4. Place seeds into large bowl and coat with a small amount of olive oil.

5. Add the following seasonings to the bowl and mix until seeds are evenly coated:

  • 1 tablespoon seasoned salt or meat tenderizer
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon onion salt
  • 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed

6. Spray some Pam or other non-stick spray onto a large cookie sheet.

7. Take seeds and spread them evenly on the cookie sheet.

8. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until seeds are lightly toasted.

My friend and I only put tiny little bit of salt and it was still delicious! If you guys have leftover pumpkins from Thanksgiving, try this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment