Friday, December 9, 2011

chai + cider = chaider!

I love cider and chai tea. Few days ago, I walked into the campus center and saw their seasonal holiday drink list and saw Chaider! My friends and I immediatel ordered them because we've never had chaider before. The combination of my two favorite wintertime drinks (chai tea + cider, obviously) is now officially my favorite drink at the campus center. It tastes like fall and wintry, and warms you up from head to toe. I looked up the recipe and it seems really easy.

For the Chai Tea:

2 cup water
1 tbsp cardamom
1 tbsp cinnamon powder or 1/2 cup cinnamon bark
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp black pepper corn
Pinch of vanilla powder

Bring all to a boil then let simmer for 30 min, the longer the better!

For the Cider:

Juice 2 big apples and add to the Chai tea blend.

(If you don’t have a juicer, blend 2 big apples with the 2 cups of chai tea, then strain through a nut milk bag!)

Serve with cinnamon sprinkled on top.



You guys should all try this at the campus center cafe! It was really good! They'll ask if you'd like cinnamon on top too! The type of cinnamon they used didn't really work for me...but you guys should all take a study break and get chaider during finals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment