Monday, December 12, 2011

Milk and Synchronized Swimming

Yesterday, before I went to synchronized swimming practice, I stopped at the dining hall to fill up a jar with some milk. I usually fill up mason jars with milk for cereal, however this time it was different. I was taking milk to swim practice because we were swimming without goggles for a dress rehearsal before our show on Tuesday. Before we jump into the pool, we pour milk into our goggles and as we put the goggles on, we blink so milk enters into our eyes. The milk, a base, neutralizes the acidity from the chlorine in the pool. Our eyes do not burn as much when we use milk. I can really tell the difference, because my eyes do not sting as much.



From: Facebook Page- Lifeguards Synchronized Swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment