Thursday, December 8, 2011

If Brownies Could Kill

Last week, I searched "killer brownie" in the Google search engine to see what would pop up. And just like I had thought, the classic "Dorothy Lane Market" website appeared in the results, majestically coining the "Killer Brownie" as one of its very prized, enticing desserts that can be bought at the store (three locations only found in Ohio). Holiday cheer hangs in the air, and I remember my old piano teacher who used to buy these expensive, $5 dollar a piece brownies from the market for each of her students around this time of year. I'll be honest -- I've had the Killer Brownie website tab up on my computer screen for the past week, and my mouth waters every time I see its picture.

Due to the brownie's high cost and shipping hassle, I've decided that when I go back home for winter break, I'll be buying the materials to make my own killer brownies. I've found a recipe online, and if it proves to be of similar delicious taste, I'll consider my betrayal of the Dorothy Lane Killer Brownies worth it.

Dorothy Lane Market Killer Brownie:


Check out the site!!! http://www.dorothylane.com/departments/bakery/killerbrownie.html

The recipe to make my own killer brownies (more economic!) found on this site: http://allthingsfoodanddrinks.com/recipes/killer-brownies

Hopefully I'll be this successful!

2 comments:

  1. I have just recently heard the praises of Dorothy Lane Market brownies. After using this recipe, how would you rate it with the original? For those that tried it but have never had the originals to compare, how high would you rate this as a brownie compared to all the brownies you have ever had? Bob, Scottsdale, AZ

    ReplyDelete