Sunday, December 4, 2011

Caseus Cheese Truck


I went home this weekend to visit my best friend at Yale in New Haven, CT. She of course has become city-savvy since living there for the past 3 months, and wanted to show me some of her favorite places. Carolina (yes, I know we basically have the same name) is a foodie, so when it came time for lunch and she wanted to take me off campus I knew I was in for something good.

New Haven is known locally for its food carts, which offer various delicious snacks and meals. Caseus gourmet cheese and charcuterie shop (based out of New Haven originally) has a mobile cheese truck dedicated to selling gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. I was boring and had the classic grilled cheese, but it was beyond amazing.

$5, 1$ for each add on (see caseus grilled cheese website:http://thecheesetruck.com)

grilled cheese:
provolone
swiss
compte
gruyere
gouda
sharp cheddar
on grilled, buttery slices of sourdough bread
grainy mustard on the side

(cool side note: the cart was featured on Man vs. Food recently!



No comments:

Post a Comment