Tuesday, December 6, 2011

breafast bagle sandwich

I never ate breakfast regularly ever since I got to Smith. This semester, I tried forcing myself to make it into a habit and started eating breafast right after my 8AM class. Smith always serve warm, breakfast food but I often didn't wnated to eat anything, but eggs and bagles in the morning. My sister who is a big breakfast eater made a bagel egg sandwich with sharp cheddar and bacon when I was home for Thanksgiving. It was filling and delicious! You can follow the instruction I got from a food blog at home with your fresh ingredients. Also, you can make it easily at breakfast at Smith when they serve eggs and bacon and try this sandwich combination.

Bacon, Egg, Sharp Cheddar Bagel Sandwich:
  • Bagel thin, toasted
  • 1 egg, cooked over hard
  • Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Two slices of bacon, cooked
  • Mayonnaise
Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Once it is crisp, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain.Heat the skillet over medium heat then crack an egg into the pan. Poke the yolk to break up then season the egg with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Once the white has set, flip the egg with a spatula, add the cheese to the top of the egg, and cook for 30 seconds.Toast the bagel and spread with mayonnaise. Add the egg/cheese to a bagel half, top with bacon, then add the remaining bagel half. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment