Thursday, December 1, 2011

Making Something Out Of Nothing

As crazy as it seems it is actually December. Which means one thing: FINALS. The end of the semester is busier than ever, filled with more work than ever before. On top of that you have to think about holiday gifts, saying goodbye to friends that go abroad or even J-graduates. With such a busy schedule it gets really hard to cook or even go to the grocery store. I'm starting to really miss the dining halls right now! Do not under appreciate the convenience of just having food ready for you.

So basically I haven't been to the market in a couple of weeks (yes, my grocery bill has been extremely cheap this month and yes I've been sneaking in Tyler..sshh). But lunches are a little tricky. I am proud to announce that I have mastered making something out of nothing for lunch. Remember those veggies burgers you bought that are still good because they are frozen? Or the communal eggs in the fridge? How about the 10 cans of tuna that seem to never go bad? Add them together and you've got a complete meal filled with plenty of protein (though admittedly lacks carbs and veggies but at least it is filling!)

Other things that seem to last forever: uncooked pasta, rice, and quinoa. Now If I only had things to actually eat them with.....

No comments:

Post a Comment