Monday, December 5, 2011

I am a New Yorker and So Can You

I am waiting anxiously to go back home to NYC for a couple of days during J-term. I miss the atmosphere of New York- the fast walkers, the crammed buses and subway cars, and the avoidance of eye contact. Even though my hometown is not the friendliest place on Earth, I still have this connection. I can rattle off how I can get to almost any place in the city. For instant I know that at the A, C, E, N, Q, R, S, 1, 2, 3, and 7 all stop at Time Square/ Port Authority Bus Terminal (so maybe the A, C, E do not stop exactly at Times Square, but you can take the underground tunnel to connect to another subway at Times Square ).

MTA Subway Map

The point is that the MTA Subway Map pictured above has taken be to many great places in New York especially restaurants. One of my favorites places to pick up a great and cheap Vietnamese Sandwich is by St. Marks Place at Baoguette Cafe (Astor Place, The Number 6). Or if I'm feeling really hungry and I want to eat some great Vegetarian Food, I can go to Curly's Vegetarian Lunch on 14th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue (1st Avenue Stop take the L).

The MTA subway system has taken me a while to learn. I really don't know how to get around Brooklyn too well and I hardly ever go to the Bronx, and I can count on one hand how many times I have been to Staten Island. However, I know the routes in Queens and Manhattan pretty well.

So come to New York, learn the MTA subway map, and eat at many different locations.

Some restaurants to check out:

Baoguette Cafe: 37 St. Mark's Pl (between 2nd Ave & 3rd Ave)
Take the 6 to Astor Place OR
Take the 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R to Union Square and walk towards the southeast

Curly's Vegetarian Lunch: 328 East 14th Street- Between 1st Ave and 2nd Ave
Take the L to 1st Ave stop OR
Take Take the 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R to Union Square and walk east
http://www.curlyslunch.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment