Sunday, September 25, 2011

The recipe that got me an “A”


My final project second semester, senior year, was a “how to”. Clearly the teacher did not want to be in class just as much as we were aching to finally be done with high school. My how to was “how to make puppy chow” I brought in all of the ingredients and measuring tools that I needed. I talked the whole class through the process. After about fifteen minutes the class and especially the teacher were “chowing” on the puppy chow that got me an “A” for my final grade!

9 cup Chex

1 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Put cereal in large bowl. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Pour over Chex cereal, put into a large plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake well to coat.

Spread mixture evenly on wax paper and allow to cool.

2 comments:

  1. I think I might just be able to make this in my faux-kitchen on the back porch (all I have to work with is the gas grill and its single burner on the side). It sounds fabulous, and easy. And like maybe my kids SHOULD help make it.

    ReplyDelete