Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Treats!

Recently, I've been feeling the holiday spirit. When this happened in the past, I get into decorating the house for the holidays and often go on a tangent of baking holiday cookies from scratch. I also tend to watch Elf ad nauseam- I can recite pretty much every line. But since being in college, I've been too stressed/busy/unable to access holiday decorations and ingredients for desserts to actually be able to enjoy the season.

Thus, this weekend I found a compromise, and it looks something like this:

(photo courtesy of Pillsbury website)

Although the classic "slice-and-bakes" are not exactly something you can call 100% home-made, they do still bring the feeling of the holidays. I remember always making them once a season, (for Halloween and Christmas especially). They were only allowed in the house at these times because they are loaded with artificial flavor and coloring. Because there was such an occasion built around baking them in my house, they hold a soft spot in my heart. Allie and I will be baking them for class on Tuesday, get excited!

Here is a recipe for the cookie sandwiches, which look delicious.
http://thesmartcookiecook.com/2011/12/09/holiday-sweet-simple-christmas-cookie-sammies/

No comments:

Post a Comment